Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Packing a sad or spitting the dummy.

A New Zealand idiom is 'To pack a sad'
It means to rave discontented about something.
I think Australians use it too.
Although Australians have their own brilliant idiom for the same thing also.
to 'spit the dummy.'
The inference being that's what a baby does before screaming.
So 'To pack a sad' or 'spit the dummy' same same.


I got a nice friendly letter from a festival person today but I knew better.
Paranoia is a gift. Life is a cruel hoax, an immense intergalactic mechanism designed over billions of years to focus hardship in a very narrow band that's coincidentally my lifespan and me.

If I can put stilts on and whiteface and a helmet that all goes away.
I'm idiosyncratically self medicating that way.
There is a tribe of us. Differing methods, same application.

I mistakenly research and foolishly presume I'm scheduled for a roped off stage.
I spend an hour on a letter more mischievous than venomous but still pretty swashbuckley, [I'm doing this gig no written contract as presumably a cultural concession but they've bought the ticket]

I'm interrupted by a friend congratulating me and sending a link to a page I missed that outlined my performance perfectly.

send was never sent. I was saved. I had selected two friends to run it by first for 'tone', the first sent me the link.

Waste of time. Except for this bit. and the word happenchance.
Packing a sad/Spitting the dummy

"I would rather do what I do well, as found theatre or some form of happenchance and build audiences than inhabit showcase platforms for 21st century vaudville. Nothing against it, some of my best friends have best friends who are 21st century vaudvillians."

No comments: