Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm going to see how much Panda you can take.

So I have yet to master editing. I have learnt to shoot short clips for the most part so that makes things easier.

I have a set of stuff shot on our day off when we visited the Pandas.
This cam work is interesting, I can keep it raw and just learn how to stitch it together and focus more on being a smartass on camera. If that's pleasing to people.

Or I can focus on post production commentary. But I'm thinking the realtime stuff has more appeal even though it's simply spur of the moment gibberish.

I need to find my voice because I intend to focus on creating this sort of material at festivals and events over the next wee while and need to know what works best to gain the larger audience. And by that I simply mean the more than 20 people who visit this blog on a semi-regular basis.

I'm thinking perhaps to put the unedited stuff out here and then once or twice a year selling polished compilations with some extra commentary and bits and bobs to help fuel the enterprise.

So for example I could say "Hey I want to go to Glastonbury" and a number of people would prebuy the edited footage I created there when I got back, while others could just watch whatever like now, I upload in the raw. This is just the tip of the iceburg of the China stuff.

So enjoy as I put up say three a day for the next days and give me feedback about my idea and whether you think it could fly.....





No comments: