Tuesday, May 2, 2023

To realise...

 I warn them...they ask "How are you?" and I answer honestly because you know me...I cannot tell a lie...They ask how are you and I say,


"I'm a black hole of mundanity."

They protest but it's futile really as I then usually prove it with a meandering uninterrupted five to ten minute monologue..
[the longer the spieI the longer the pole you're keeping them at bay with]
...watch their eyes glaze..exhausting for both of us but what else is there?

I have repositories of anecdotes, cross referenced and preloaded. These are my cul de sacs.

People find it hard to believe, given my verbiage, that professionally I was /am/who the fuck knows anymore....mainly an international pantomime of middling repute. The world paid me to stop speaking for at least 30 years....and to be unhappy and generally disappointed with my audience and myself and whatever the situation was.

I was never happier because I had crafted a reality in which I could be true.

Not many people realise themselves to that extent. I'm lucky...in an underwhelmed way. 



No comments: